Friday, May 1, 2009

Before sunset at the new hidden beach

We are quite smitten with this new beach that is so close to our home. The biggest attraction being the fact that we are most always the only ones there. We had planned to work in the garden last night. The garden was shady and cold because the sun was setting and the trees blocked the warm rays. We opted to go to the beach. Wouldn't you know it, it was beautiful, sunny and hot. I love being at the beach with my kids. It is so beautiful to watch their imagination at work, finding little treasures such as a hermit crab or a piece of sea glass. We are all at peace and happy. Gone are the fights and petty nonsense. I was happy to have the kids cooperate and allow me to take a couple of photos.


Rylan must always have a stick in hand.

I actually got him to pose for a photo.
Mae found this beautiful egg like rock.
Nathan scoping out the other side.

Brennan and Myron love to turn rocks over and catch the hermit crabs.

I just have to share this little video. It was a great night.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I walked by your garden yesterday about 11:00 hoping you would be there. Oh well. I should have called you first. You have to show me how to get to your beach! It's beautiful!

Ashley said...

Yes!!! My kids are never so happy as at the beach. We figured that out years ago, and just waited until we could move close to the ocean. Lucky ducks, you, with your beach so close!