Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Seattle day with Brennan

As of right now, moms quilt that you see hanging up above is now on my bed. I feel guilty sleeping under it, like it shouldn't be enjoyed, which is exactly how my mother felt, I am sure.
She loved it so much that she didn't want anything to happen to it. It feels as though it has never been washed. Anyhow, it was a neat experience going to pick it up. Another one of my mothers nurses was there and became teary eyed as she talked about her. She described my mother as elegant, and all about her family. She said I looked like her and had her same spirit.
What a compliment. I was happy that Brennan was with me to hear about his grandma.
Seattle is such a beautiful city. It had just snowed the night before, (YES, I know!!) and yet it was sunny and clear yesterday.

After we took Brennan to his orthodontist apt. (he got his spacers and next week gets the hardware), we popped on over to the Apple store in the University district to pick up my laptop which was fixed. Yay!
I had been stressed because last night was the once a month open mic night and my poems were on my laptop! We ended our trip to Seattle by digging through the Goodwill outlet bins. Found some definite treasures. I think Sandra is hooked.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I'd love to see that quilt in person someday. It looks fabulous.

Nancy B. said...

Is that the one the sisters at church made for her?

Nancy B. said...

Is that the one the sisters at church made for her?