Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011


Well.....Santa has finally come......it's nearly 2:30 am and I imagine that I will get about 4 hours of sleep at best. Usually, we go to Mass at the Catholic church. This is a tradition in our family because my father grew up Catholic, although he converted to Mormonism when I was 8 years old. We were invited to New Life. It's a Christian religion that takes place at the Movie Theater.
Our dear friends son did a reading, so we were invited to attend. They have a live band that is AMAZING. Even still, my children "poo pooed" it. Myron especially. He is my little missionary. Even as I am going through yet another state of questioning of my church, he stays strong.
Nathan said as we were leaving "it was a bit much." One of many things I love about the Mormon religion is the modesty of it all. We are humbled and don't need all those bells and whistles. Mae kept asking " can we have popcorn?". This church is neat and modern, but I didn't like how the kids were expected to be separated . Of course my children wanted to remain with us. It was unusual, but fun. I never felt the spirit there. That really hit me. I ALWAYS feel the spirit at our church. ALWAYS. I feel a little abandoned by my church friends. Can I come back?
Who knows. It's not about "them". Its about me, but....I still feel left out. That's another story.
We are excited for Christmas tomorrow. The kids aren't getting what they normally get. I feel okay and appreciative of this. Life is....well....LIFE. It's not always perfect. Things happen. Daddys lose jobs....life is messy. But....we will always be there for each other. We will continue to love each other.....that. is. all.

No comments: