Sunday, March 6, 2011

Corona del Mar- Last day of vacation

Aunt Pammy above. Our last day of relaxation before we hop on the train tomorrow to return home. We headed to the beach. Corona del Mar is next to Newport beach where we spent another day a little while back. It was gorgeous outside.
Brennan and cousin Hunter.
The houses were huge!



I was very pleased with my little camera today. I was able to get some amazing shots.





Nathan, Uncle Sasha and I went for a little hike into the jagged rocks just up from the beach. I snapped over 100 photos. It was so beautiful.
Mae, Hailey and Hannah.
Just before we were about to leave, I spotted what I thought was a shark! It turned out to be a dolphin swimming very close to shore. Every time I took out my camera...they would disappear, but I was able to catch them for a little bit on video. It was very exciting. There were hundreds of pelicans diving down to catch fish. The dolphins would drive the fish close to shore and the pelicans would all assemble together to catch the fish. It was an amazing sight.
I came home today pretty dehydrated and not looking forward to packing everything up to leave tomorrow. I may just hit the hay early and get up early and finish it all. Tomorrow we board the train to come home. It has been a terrific adventure.

No comments: