Sunday, December 14, 2008

"It's not going in our yard Russ, it's going in our livingroom".











In case you weren't aware, this is our family's all time favorite movie to watch together. Last night we had the opportunity to go to our church Christmas party but opted instead to spend the night decorating gingerbread houses and watching Christmas Vacation.
Today our driveway was so slick, we couldn't even make it out to go to church, so...I caught up on my sewing and made some cute bags for gifts. We are leaving Friday for Idaho and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't been out to see my family in Idaho since Mae was 6 weeks old. I cannot wait to show her off. I have not only my entire immediate family joining us down there, but all of my 35 cousins and their families as well. My aunts and uncles are like other sets of parents and my cousins like my siblings. It is so much fun to all get together and compare our kids.
A typical conversation includes " oh, she's got the Hardy butt" or "look, he scratches his head the way Grandpa used to". It's too funny. When we are down there, Shane feels pretty left out of our kids genetic pool. I can't wait to be down there.
Take care and Merry Christmas to you all!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Cute gingerbread homes....your kids have some talent.

That's one of our favorite movies too...."Lotta sap."

Have a great time with your family....sounds like fun.

Kristen said...

Okay, first, the gingerbread houses are too fun, I am a super lame mom for not doing that with my kids...but....that movie, has got to be the best movie of all time, I start watching it in september..not kidding, I love it too..just had to share :) Also, what is your email address? Iwant to ask you something...