Sunday, December 21, 2008

Here we are!

We are in Idaho right now at my dads. For those of you that don't know, my dad lost my mother 14 years ago, so they aren't divorced like it sounds. Anyhow, everyone is here except my brother Eric and his wife Maddie. They will be here tomorrow. We are having fun and the kids are sledding all day. The snow here is incredible. I don't know how we are going to get home. It is supposed to snow the entire time. Today Shane, dad and Greg are going to go pick up dads snow plow so that we can get around somewhat. Rylans birthday is tomorrow and he is so excited. Yesterday, Shane and I went into Twin Falls to do some last minute shopping. I was overwhelmed! I couldn't believe how many people were out doing the same thing. Idaho people are a trip, no offense. If you're NOT from Idaho, you'll know what I mean. Everywhere I looked it was frizzy hair, missing teeth and blue eyeshadow. The best was while I was at Costco and a guy about my age comes walking in with a cowboy hat, handlebar moustache, cowboy shirt, skin tight green pants and wait for it.......yellow cowboy boots. He was strutting his stuff, feeling good. Too funny. I also ventured into the Sportsman Warehouse to find Brennan's archery items. You think you've seen hicks at a regular warehouse. Boy oh boy! This is like a hicks paradise in Idaho. It was great. I love people watching so it was fun for me. What wasn't fun, was standing in line at Old Navy for 30 minutes to buy Mae one pair of pajamas while she was screaming the entire time. There were carolers trying to raise money right next to us and they couldn't sing above her cries. So embarrassing. Well....I wanted a girl didn't I! Brooke...we are looking at another Adana. I'll tell you more later.
That's it for now. We are all safe, warm and happy. I am not sure yet if we will make it home anytime soon, but oh well. Take care and Happy holidays to everyone!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

30 minute screaming session in a public place? Yep, been there, done that. I never thought I'd be one of those moms who is afraid to take her kids out in public, but I pretty much refuse to go shopping with Adana. Good luck with Mae. Girls sure are tougher than boys.

Jenny said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely! I guess I've never been to the right part of Idaho...the people in Hayden Lake seemed pretty normal. That's too funny, the green pants and yellow cowboy boots! Have a wonderful time with your family. Merry Christmas!