Monday, October 17, 2011

The Outsiders....

Myron was ASKED to read (not audition like every one else) for the part of Pony Boy in the upcoming BPA play "The Outsiders". He wasn't just asked by anyone...he was asked by my friend, Dinah. I'd include her last name, but I don't want this to come up on google searches.
Unfortunately, my little Myron hasn't acted (unless you count our wards christmas play), and was feeling very shy. So....the part went to someone else. Hush now...i know!
They asked if he would feel more comfortable being in the ensemble. He obliged. Shucks.
Then, miss Grease star herself, asked that Nathan and Brennan come along as they needed more boys. So.....to BPA we went tonight. I had to fight them tooth and nail.
After two hours, (yes) I left them and met a friend for dinner. A half an hour later the boys called. They had LEFT....yes, LEFT the rehearsal. Nathan and Brennan had had it and refused to return. Luckily Myron (after a nice talking to by Gabe) decided to continue on and take part in the play. Yay. It's nice to have so many friends as actors on this Island. Team work people! Team work. Myron will now be in the Outsiders. I thought for sure he was greaser material but...nope. He's a Soc...

No comments: