Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My All Star

I HAVE to brag!! I just have to have to HAVE TO.....to someone aka my blog.
Even though Brens team lost tonight, we were told by his coach that Brennan and one other kid in the league, have the HIGHEST batting averages in the LEAGUE!! That is amazing.
Why is that amazing? Because last year, he hardly got a hit. Seriously. Brennan is a gifted ball player. He pitches beautifully, catches wonderfully and is an amazing shortstop, BUT....last year (his first year of majors), he was afraid of the fast balls. This year... he has truly bloomed.
Since he was 5, he has played baseball. Brennan is to baseball what Nathan is to music.
He has been on the All Stars, select baseball teams and has just been recruited to play baseball for the elite Spartans, in the fall. I am so incredibly proud of this kid. He always has a wonderful attitude. He is always smiling and encouraging of his team mates and friends.
Many of his friends/ strangers etc. have bothered him about his teeth. He is such a strong and confident, young man, that it never really got him down. It irritated him more than anything.
Now that we have a gap between baseball teams, next week, he goes in to be fitted for his long awaited braces. I can't imagine him without the teeth he has. I love his smile. I love him.
I love that he is comfortable in his own skin and with who he is on the inside. But, I can't wait to see his new smile as well....I can't imagine it getting any bigger or brighter.
I love you my son....
You constantly amaze me....I could. not. be. prouder.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Isn't it wonderful when your children find something they excell at? I love to see them developing these talents and gaining so much confidence. Way to go Brennan!