Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Girl trouble......


One night while at a church activity, Mae experienced the first ,of what will be many, girl squabbles. I don't really have to deal with this with the boys, so I am in new (almost) territory here. Mae went to play with her best friend and another little girl and they decided that they didn't want to play with her, for whatever reason. She was confused and upset. Keep in mind, she doesn't go to preschool, so her interactions with little girls her age are minimal. I know my little Mae. She can talk back to the best of em, so I have no doubt that she instigated said squabble, but...all the same, it was painful to watch her tearing up and telling me that kids were being mean to her. It reminded me of how truly bratty little girls can be. How can I prepare her for this? Prepare her to not be bratty herself? How??
Thoughts?

No comments: