Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Seattle trip

We headed out to Seattle yesterday to get the boys fitted for their braces. Yes, it is a little out of the way, but we can't beat their payment plans on this side and he is a great orthodontist. That and it gives me an excuse to visit my favorite place in the world, Seattle.
We arrived early so we could scavenge Goodwill. I couldnt find the stinkin place! FINALLY, with minutes to spare, we arrived at the OUTLET store. NOT what we had in mind.
The entire huge warehouse room was filled with these huge bins that people were sorting through. Many of them were homeless and it was really sad.
We raced to the orthodontist and made it just in time. The view below is from 1-5 coming south.
Just beautiful.
We finally made it to the correct Goodwill on Dearborn and wow...it was gigantic.
I immediately felt overwhelmed and headed for the books.
At first sight of the ENORMOUS book section, I teared up a little. I was so excited.
Unfortunately, it was very picked through and I only found around 9 books worthy of my vintage childrens collection.
After finding a few cool tables and the books, we had worked up quite an appetite and headed to the International district for some good food. We found this amazing Malaysian restaurant.
Malay Satay. It was wonderful. The boys were great company.
On the menu? Frogs legs, baby squid, port intestines etc.
We settled on Malaysian Pad Thai and Ginger Chicken. Heavenly
I am really looking forward to these mini trips we will be taking on a regular basis and I think they are as well.
All it takes is a little trip to Seattle to remind me how much I love where I live.
Myron was completely tuckered out and fell asleep wearing his thrift store find. Liam and Myron will be performing a Napoleon Dynamite skit at the church talent show this evening. Can't wait!

No comments: