Saturday, August 15, 2009

Busy fun filled weekend despite the weather!

I have to start by sharing my excitement about our close friends returning from California for a week long visit. They moved away just over one year ago and it was just as emotional seeing them last night, as it was saying goodbye last year. Just knowing that I have to say goodbye again, and that I don't know when the next time I will see them will be, breaks my heart. We had a get together at a friends with a few other families and it was just like old times.




This morning, (mid morning, yes) Nathan and I visited a few yard sales and had lunch at the cafe next to Bay Hay and Feed. At one yard sale, I was inquiring about little girl dolls and the owner went in and brought some things out. I looked through the assorted barbies and decided that um........no Mae doesn't need any. Half were naked and one even had a HOLE in her mouth. I mean......why? It looked like a blow up doll, seriously. Then she brought out a box, a DRESS up box! Why hadn't I ever thought of that for Mae? It was filled to the guild with Lilian Vernon top quality, classy, not cheap, dress up clothes, hats, shoes, jewelry, a boa...princess hat, purses etc.
5.00!!! When Mae saw me come in with the box she was beside herself with excitement. She had to try everything on. It was adorable.
See photos!



Tonight we went to an Elders Quorum social at Fay Bainbridge. It was fun and I won the award for best tasting bbq . I bought a very expensive piece of Chilean Sea Bass that I had never tasted before. It was amazing. I dusted it with fresh ground pepper, coarse gray sea salt, and a japanese sweet mirin. Very rich flavor this fish. We passed it around. It tasted like butter, although I didn't add butter. Too expensive to have again any time soon. 20.00 a pound.

After dinner, the kids spotted a pod of Orcas and I ran down to the beach as fast as I could. I could only see them from a distance and just a flicker of black here and there.
It was a great end to a great day.
Tata

No comments: