Saturday, September 3, 2011

Breast Reduction surgery




Well, I finally did it. Breast reduction surgery with liposuction and a lift. Surgery was Friday at 7am. We had to be at the hospital an hour away by 5:45am. I went to be at midnight the night before. Pre surgery jitters. My doctor was/is amazing. He was jovial, fun and kind.
He even (and I remember) put on Depeche Mode for me as we went into the operating room.
I have been surprised by the pain. Not so much in my chest, but in my legs. I can hardly walk today. The doc says it is because I was lying still for so many hours during surgery. I don't know. What I do know, is that it feels like giant charlie horses up and down my legs and it hurts with each step. I can barely even move, but I have to. We went back to the docs this morning at 7:45 (he doesn't want me to rest apparently). We looked at his beautiful work. I am really excited. He removed nearly 2 pounds off each breast. Whoa.....
Tomorrow I get to remove the dressing and shower. I am excited. My stomach has been bloated because of all the fluids they pumped into me, so I look pregnant. It will take a couple of weeks or more before I get to see my "real" body, but it's going to look fantastic.
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh honey, I am SO excited for you! I can't wait to see the new you. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Jenny said...

So happy for you! I know you've been wanting this for such a long time. I can't wait to see you!